Saturday, July 5, 2008

Last Country to Leave Yesterday.


Last month when I tried to snake my way out of forgetting to wish a friend a Happy Birthday, I facebooked her a "Happy Birthday Week" with all the pomp and splendour of many smiley faces and exclamation marks. She caught it quick and retorted that I couldnt get off with that phrase and would have to buy her something "big and expensive" firstly for having the memory of a dead elephant and secondly, for tryign to foist myself out of it. So naturally, when I forgot another charmingly witty friends birthday yesterday; I knew I had to come up with nothing short of genius to cover up a human beings natural indifference about celebrating wrinkles and grey hair.

So I googled what country might it still be yesterday in. Honolulu is at half past 11 in the p.m; so I claimed that I was waiting for the last possible moment to wish him so the beauty of his birthday could be prolonged for as long as possible. It was even more cheesy the way I said it, and him and me both know I've forgotten but it's still valid with that logic. Let's see how well I get away with this one.

I'm going to now go see who may be celebrating their birthday tomorrow and wish them according to the time in Kiritimati, Christmas Islands.

No comments: