Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Addictions


It's right here. In front of my minds eye. The awareness of this addiction. So obvious it could be a giant pink dolphin flipping around the foreground of my mind.

I tell myself it's no big worry. I flippantly told myself the same thing when I started smoking, but I've never quit. I tried to; but I didn't. It's fun sometimes to amuse yourself by teasing your mind like an elastic rubberband. Giving it some and then taking it away; only to see how much it cant take. It's more amusing then messing with the putty the guy who sits next to me has for a brain, thats for sure. I just don't know how I would know if the elastic snapped, or if it already did. Oh well, as long as it feels like an entertainment park in my head, I assume it's alright. Right?

This new addiction of mine; I need to cut the little bastard sapling now before it grows into an ogre shaped oak tree. The only way I think I might have any success is by replacing it with another. Namely, this, my clogspot. I don't know if it is going to work, but I'm sure I'll let you know. If I end up addicted to both, we'll figure out a way to integrate the two.

So influenced. So addicted. So pathetic.

I'm going to have to deactivate that darn facebook account.

No comments: