Monday, November 24, 2008

Diggin my Heels into this Crane




My job is very diverse and it has me doing alot of things that you don't see too many women poke their noses into. No I don't drive a crane but hah, I should tell you about the time I was in our yard at Amghara, stilletos dug into the sand and then clambering over all of the equipment and heavy machinery stored there. I should tell you about it, but I won't.
Today, I was supervising a safety check of a crane that we are renting from a third party to the military. It wasnt as simple as I thought it would be. The loading cables of the crane were inserted wrong. The loading test certificate had expired some months ago. The upper limit switch didnt work either. The breaks were worn, etc, etc, etc I won't rant on about complicated crane jargon (please note sarcasm) to you disinterested folk. The local standards are definitely not at par with the American Military Standards as they pointed out. But do check out this link http://www.craneoperator.com/MISHAPS/Mishaps-2003.htm and you'll realize the American standards dont always follow their military safety protocols either. You can stare agape at the visuals and skim through the summaries. I'm going to be googling away Cranes for the next few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As implied earlier, quality comes at a cost. However, you still need to compare prices. This is because some companies may want to charge you higher prices for the same kindof quality. The pricing lies on the company that sells the powered access for sale.

Unknown said...

powered access are important equipments that are used in any place at a certain time. In construction sites, cranes play a very important role in lifting and lowering heavy materials and transferring it to higher places where such materials will be used.