Monday, February 16, 2009

Wardrobe Crisis.

Okay, at the risk of sounding utterly superficial I need to dedicate an entire, yes an entire post to my wardrobe crisis. If you think I am a pessimistic person you have guessed wrong, but if you think I am taking the full advantage of using this blog as an imperfectly shaped virtual punching bag, then bullseye.

I went to the Avenues, Kuwaits most famous mall that had its end of season sale recently that seemed to last forever. Alot of people thought it was due to the recession, and thought that it would last until yahoo's Finance section would stop dramatically spelling "monetary apocaypse" and despair into everyones hearts. But no, two days ago I went there, and the word "sale" was not in the malls dictionary. The prices induced the usual semi-jaw-drop once again. I gathered up my jaw and checked out the new collections, only to discover that they seemed more pricy that the previous averages. Even more not worth it, is when the not-so expensive brands have too many outfits of the same style. There's nothing more unfunny than bumping into someone wearing the same thing. The media may clone our thoughts, but they shall never robotize our bodies! (said in a Mel Gibson way) Excuse my melodrama.

So now my recession induced reaction has me scouting the internet for stores from the countries clothes are usually manufactured in. You'd think it would be easy. Whoever takes over the third world will have ALOT to capitalize on.

No comments: