Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Dust Storm Pictures.

So it was one of those beautiful sunny days when I stepped out of our building singing "a whole new world", take six steps towards my car, pause and go back up. Two minutes later I re-emerge, it's deja vu except that i'm carrying my MBA notes that I hope I can sneak-read between browsing of all your blogs. "A whole new world" on my lips and a maniacal grin on my face, and I'm ready for the day.
It's beautiful weather all the way through my rose tinted sunglasses. I don't even flip off those two cars who cut me off in their attempt to race each other. Anyway, the rose tinted glasses suddenly weird out on me, or so I thought as the world suddenly looked duller. I took them off, and presto, there's a dust storm just waiting there for me to drive into... It was crazy to be in completely clear weather and drive into this which hovered some few meters away! I gurgled with glee at the thought of those two drivers who cut me off, they'd have to slow down...
Have you seen the movie The Mist? Most of the dust storms I compare to that, but tis one was seriously close to it. I was waiting for something weird to pop into visibility. Slid over from the fast lane and clicked you a few pictures....
I also shot a video, but unfortunately "whats love got to do with it" started playing on the radio and I absent-mindedly sang along the whole time, and didnt realize it until I got to my office. No you ain't getting it. Anyway, wish you fun weather where ever you are!

12 comments:

blognut said...

Yeah, I want the video too!

Anonymous said...

the weather here is as predictable as my wife's cooking..

oh god, give me patience...

♥ Braja said...

Asphodel, you asked me a question in the comments section but you have no-reply email on. So how do I answer? Go to your profile, tick the box that says "show email" and thus when you comment, I can hit reply and it goes to you instead of nowhere :)

I have no clue about trackback. But if you want to keep track of the ocmments, tick the box below that says Email follow-up comments to ---

Cowguy said...

Looks like someone emptied the vacuum at our house.

:-)

Captain Dumbass said...

I don't know, I think you belting out Tina Turner would only add to the mystique.

Someone said...

Yikes, now I'm trying to decide if I would take the dust storm over the freezing cold here, it's -25 with the windchill....hmmm dust,cold,dust or cold???

Anonymous said...

That's insane!!!

Errant Gosling said...

One day last week I thought it was pouring as a gray walled moved towards the city under dark clouds. The gray was silt. I feel your pain. Good luck keeping it out of where it doesn't belong.

CrazyDiamond said...

aren't those pics something? I want to drive through a dust storm also.

On a camel.

kiki said...

armaggeddon

Asphodel said...

blognut... hahah no way!

Purple, you can use this section to vent about it anytime you like!!

Braja, thank you, angel shaped Braja!!! Muah!

Cowguy, hah temme bout it... there's gonna be loads of it this year as it barely rained too....

Capt, or scar/scare you all away for ever! ha!

Mel.. I know what you mean.. I'm gonna miss wearing my boots, but I'm looking forward to flop around in the sea again!

Ma Cherie, ditto!

Error, its as charming as it is annoying though... honestly, any variation from everyday weather can be looked upon with intrigue, aye!

Hahahah crazy diamond, that actually sounds like fun- as long as you wear an air proof helmet or something so you won't chew sand....

Kiki, Yep, crossed my mind!

Jason, as himself said...

It must be fascinating living in Kuwait.

Thank you for your comment on The Jason Show about my stream of consciousness blogging. No, I haven't read the Faulkner book that you mention. Funny thing is, the stream of consciousness novels that I've read have not been enjoyable to me. I guess I only like writing that way!


I will see you around!