Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pekingese Power

The one thing I like about living in this desert is that I have the keys to three different houses. I pay rent to just one, of course. The one I'm plonked at tonight has got the cutest pekingese you have ever seen. It looks very daft actually, but you know how some daft things look cute. Like how something really ugly just nullifies its own repulsiveness.
So Flatface and me had a stand off earlier. I think its the only stand off that ever happened with one contender trying desperately to suppress a volley of laughter. He wouldn't finish up his dinner and I wouldn't let him budge from there to where he desperately wanted to go. Don't ask me where he desperately wanted to go. I mean, we humans move with direction in our houses to a few particular places- the couch, the fridge and the bathroom. Other places we kind of roll towards. Well, so I just stood in front of his tiny staunchness and he glared angrily at my feet. Its the cutest thing when an animal musters up all of his emotion into his little face. He looks up at me with this angry little sulk, sees me with my most hilarious grin on and his entire demeanour changes I tell you! He kind of smiles (a smile looks weirder on a pekingnese than on any other dog, I tell you) and then sits right there and keeps looking at me... probably trying to say 'lets see who can do this longer'. I gave up obviously, as I heard one of Discovery's Evolution programs coming on and wanted to figure out where little pekingnese smarty pants came from. I know he's plotting his vengeance for the fact that I'm making him finish his dinner, it's going to be a rude sloppy pekingese breath awakening tomorrow morning.




I know you all know this song, but it's worth reminding you of.

5 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I'll bet that pekingnese IS daft too, right? Something that looks that daft has to be!

blognut said...

A smiling pekingnese is a pekingnese not to be trusted! You'll really have to watch the little ankle-biter now.

Micgar said...

Hey thanks for stopping by my lonely blog! I hope I provided at least a few giggles, snickers and maybe even a few guffaws!
I love TP and the HB's, and this is one of my favorites from them! This is great version!

Errant Gosling said...

I always wonder exactly what it is dogs are thinking when they get into those little standoffs. I wonder whether they really care, or are just trying to make life difficult for you.

Asphodel said...

Mo, I hate agreeing with you... but its the truth.. Poor thing, huh!

Hahahah actually yea, it looks creepier when it smiles honestly... once again, the poor thing lol I'mma gonna get you guys some videos of it....

Hahah Micgar, your blog surely aint lonely, people just lurk around and dont comment lol!
I shall return too!

Error, probably a subtle power struggle where they feel they can rebel and assert their rights a little more? Myehhhh no, that sounds like me really....